Like all of you, I am concerned about the presence of the novel coronavirus in the United States and abroad, and its potential effect on our patients, employees and the community. As a doctor and business owner, the health and safety of our patients and staff is my number one priority. I am paying close attention to advice and directives from the CDC, the Maryland Department of Health and the Federal Government, and our response to the risks Covid-19 poses is foremost in my mind. As we continue to weather this pandemic, our policies and procedures remain fluid.
Our patient protocol:
- When you arrive for your appointment you can come in to the front desk to check in and wait in the lobby. If you prefer you can call from your car and we will let you know if we are ready for you to come in. If we are not ready we will call you as soon as we are.
- If you are vaccinated, masks are optional. If you are unvaccinated, we ask that you wear a mask to protect you and the community.
- If you are feeling ill or show signs of being unwell we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- When your appointment is over you can check out at the front desk to schedule your next appointment. If you prefer a private check out in the room just let your provider know and one of our staff members will come into your treatment room to schedule next appointments, check you out, and escort you to the exit.
What PV Is Doing:
- We are all vaccinated!
- We have educated our team to ensure that all staff understand the risks and means of transmission of the virus.
- We installed a surgical grade air purifying and filtration system that works with the buildings upgraded air system to effectively destroy pollutant particles at micron levels.
- Pura Vida providers are washing their hands and using sanitizer between each patient and multiple times a day.
- Treatment rooms, surfaces, equipment rooms and devices are being sanitized/disinfected at a higher frequency.
- All Pura Vida practitioners are wearing masks during your treatment.
- Pura Vida is offering virtual and in person consultations.
- For your safety and ours, we are limiting the number of people in the office and intentionally staggering appointments to uphold social distancing policies.
What You Can Do:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Get vaccinated if you have not yet done so.
- If you are sick or have been in regular contact with others who are, we kindly request that you rest up and self-isolate to help stop the spread of respiratory diseases.
- If you travel or have recently traveled to a level 3 or 4 country, we expect you to follow CDC guidance about self-isolation: stay home for a period of 14 days upon your return and seek medical attention if you experience fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
Your well-being is our number one priority. These steps along with your personal commitment will help us all play our part in keeping our community safe and our businesses open. Rest assured that we are continuously monitoring, reviewing and improving our responses to the guidelines established by the CDC, Dept of Health, and other governmental agencies.
I thank you for your ongoing support. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. I am so proud of how, together as a community, we have continued to weather this pandemic with such grace and courage. I look forward to see your shining faces.